Now that I'm back out there back on that market we call the "dating scene", my best friend in the whole wide world surprised me with an Extreme Makeover day to help me boost my confidence and just feel better about myself. The day started with a micro-derm abrasion facial. The clinician is an acquaintance of mine named "Jackie". She's one of the best listeners in the world and most positive person I know. Jackie greeted me at the door with a huge hug and smile. When she asked me, Shanna, when was your last facial?" I had to burst out into laughter. I said, "Jackie, Hello, it's me. I'm a total "virgin" at this." She assured me everything would be fine as I dressed in the smock and lay down on the pre-warmed table (which I don't think was quite made for 6-feet tall people.) I thought to myself, oh, this isn't so bad. She asked what results I would like to see. I responded, I'd like 10 years taken off. She responded, "I can probably give you two back." I was totally fine with that. I must say it was a unique experience and an hour and a half later, my face was as soft as a baby's behind. That wasn't so bad. I can't speak from experience about facials, but my experience was quite amazing with amazing results. Thank you, Jackie. Now I had 30 minutes to get to my next appointment.
I arrived at the hair salon "Ceron's" right on time for my hair appointment. I was treated like I was the Queen of England from the minute I stepped into the salon. I was treated to highlights, lowlights and a new hairstyle. It was awesome. I then had an hour or so to kill before my makeup lesson so I had a mani and pedi done and went and visited my best friend's mom who needed a ride from a dentist appointment. Even though we only got to visit less than an hour, her words of wisdom and wonderful outlook on life just filled my heart with joy.
I then arrived at my last appointment at 3:45. My, how the day had flown. I entered the salon of Facade where Keren greeted me with a huge hug and smile. She escorted me back to where she performs magic on people and introduced me to her whole line of makeup that she personally developed on her own. As she gave me my makeover and lesson, her words of inspiration were well worth the trip. I received more valuable information about how to get your groove back than I've ever received from any therapist. She's a true inspiration.
My day ended with a wonderful date with an awesome gentleman I had met previously before and we went to dinner that evening. I felt great about myself and I looked marvelous I must say. (didn't know I needed that many hours of work.) When I reflected back on the evening later that night, I realized I really did feel good about myself but it wasn't only about the makeover. Starting from 9:00 that morning, I was surrounded with wonderful, positive, loving, beautiful people who just made the day an awesome day and really made me feel special. They were the true icing on the cake to top off a "perfect" evening.
Thank you my best friend in the whole world for making this day possible and surrounding me with these special people who helped make me beautiful on the outside but more importantly, more beautiful on the inside. You truly are my inspiration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have brought so many tears of joy to my eyes
I love you more than you can ever realize.
You are the closest thing I have to a sister
I am always here for you
Love, your BFF
Post a Comment