Couldn't wait last night for the new season of "The Bachelor". As I sat and watched it with my 7-year-old, I was more amused at what Zoey had to say about the show than the show itself. She was so into it and picking girls for "The Bachelor" left and right. Then she commented to me that he just wouldn't work for me because he has a little boy and she really wasn't into having a little brother. I had to laugh on that one. Then she got real serious and said "Mom, do you think we need one of those around here?" I wasn't sure if she was referring to a new puppy or what. I asked what she meant and she said, "You know, one of those husbands." How funny. I guess the TV has her convinced you can just put your order in for a TV husband and, poof, one appears. I sat wondering what all goes through this little girl's mind with all of modern technology. I assured her we didn't "need" one of those husbands and how us girls are strong, independent and survivors. However, I did assure her that if one of those "husbands" did come our way, and it was meant to be, I would surely run it past her first.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
The Bachelor
Couldn't wait last night for the new season of "The Bachelor". As I sat and watched it with my 7-year-old, I was more amused at what Zoey had to say about the show than the show itself. She was so into it and picking girls for "The Bachelor" left and right. Then she commented to me that he just wouldn't work for me because he has a little boy and she really wasn't into having a little brother. I had to laugh on that one. Then she got real serious and said "Mom, do you think we need one of those around here?" I wasn't sure if she was referring to a new puppy or what. I asked what she meant and she said, "You know, one of those husbands." How funny. I guess the TV has her convinced you can just put your order in for a TV husband and, poof, one appears. I sat wondering what all goes through this little girl's mind with all of modern technology. I assured her we didn't "need" one of those husbands and how us girls are strong, independent and survivors. However, I did assure her that if one of those "husbands" did come our way, and it was meant to be, I would surely run it past her first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so cute. She's something else!!!
EMG
I LOVE THIS
Post a Comment